Monday, February 10, 2014

A Grateful Heart

For the past 14 months, I've had the privileged to serve as a member of our ward's primary presidency.  This was my first calling in over a year, and although I was excited to be doing something more than "just going to church" I was also nervous and overwhelmed, a feeling that I'm sure many would get from this calling.  Reflecting back now, I have a much stronger testimony of the Savior's love for me -- and it all is because of my time in Primary.  I know that I was put in that calling for personal growth -- it feels impossible to not grow in spirit when you are around God's children.  Heavenly Father knows me and knows what I need and I'm so grateful that I was looked after by him.  I am also so very grateful for the friendships that I have made.  The four sisters that I served with have become very dear to me and I will cherish their friendships forever.

I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave my ward family.  Moving as a youth, I was emotionally devastated every time we had to pack up and leave -- but as an adult ... I've been totally fine with this move!  Up until now.  I am grateful for my time here; I'm grateful for such a wonderful home and friends who love me and my family.  We feel at such peace with our move -- but it still is hard.  Very bittersweet.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I know exactly how you feel :) That ward really is great with awesome people...definitely a big family! It was really hard to leave and I shed more than a few tears! -Jen