Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've Never Wanted a Bladder Infection so Badly in my ENTIRE Life ...

I was wrong. When you see the "Cottonwood Hospital" on your caller ID it is a bad thing. I checked my voicemail last night at about six and saw that the hospital had called. I only tested for three things ... Gestational Diabetes, anemia, and Bladder Infection. When I didn't receive the phone call on Friday I thought that I was in the clear. If I had received the phone call on Friday ... I would have been prepared for it and not have taken it as awful as I did last night. Of course they never really tell you anything on the phone -- you have to call them back. When you call you have to leave a message and they have to call you! It is this terrible cycle of just not getting ahold of each other.

This news set me into a state of depression last night. I played tough and told Joe that I was okay ... but I wasn't. I stayed up watching DUMB t.v. shows last night so I wouldn't have to think about it, but when I went to bed nothing kept my mind off of it. I cried for close to an hour.

I am scared. I am angry. I am frustrated. In the back of my mind ... I know that IF I have this problem it is better to get it taken care of -- but that's not what I want to hear right now. I am upset.

(Note that if your comment is "it's going to be okay" oriented ... it will probably be deleted. Comfort will be accepted once I am not upset anymore.

6 comments:

Lynsey said...

Tell that stupid doctor that is okay to tell you on a message what is wrong...that way you don't have to wait until you can touch base...don't they realize that you work for a living and can't sit by the phone and wait for their call?!?!? I'll keep my fingers crossed for a bladder infection or anemia!

Joanie said...

How about... I hope everything will be ok? You're in my prayers... will that be deleted?
Love you,

BoucherBlogger said...

Favorite Aunt Joanie:

That one is okay. I just wanted to stay away from the "If there is a problem it is good that it is taken care of ..." or "You will be okay". I kind of wanted to hear: "that is rotten. I am sorry". It fuels my frustration :)

AND BTW: Talked to the Dr. I have to go in for the 3 hour test soon. I will schedule it for next week. DANG!!

Cody said...

I say we make double fudge brownies this Friday.

stephanie stohel said...

at least its not gestational diabetes!!!

The GAG nears said...

You are in our prayers. Faith precedes miracles and birth/babies are miracles. Love you!