Friday, May 29, 2009

The Bell Pepper Bandits

You remember these guys ...

Yeah, the cute little "roommates" that I so adored a week ago.


A few weeks ago, I had this phenomenal idea to start my own little garden. We had one up in Logan and it was a lot of fun. The problem is ... we don't have much yard space -- AND -- we have two dogs that would love a little "snack" in the afternoon when no one is watching! We have a small flower bed in the front yard that is unused. I decided to get a couple of pots and plant some tomatoes, red and green bell peppers. Joe mentioned this to his mom and she asked why we planted them in pots rather than in the ground. No real answer came to mind ... ??? I just wanted to do it that way. Besides -- it was prettier!

Those little turds gave me a darn good reason!

They turned this:

Into THIS:

Those pesky VERMIN ate my pepper plants! They have their eye on the tomatoes as well and started snacking! They no longer are cute little fuzzy beings that I adore ... they are ugly beasts! We were forced to move the garden to the back deck ... with two dogs hopefully THEY will become the lunch!


7 comments:

Bouchizzle said...

GRRR!

Sarah E Boucher said...

You can get those hooks too, so you can hook them onto the railing...plus it looks nicer and takes up less room than a table.

The Gag-nears said...

I love your funny stories. I want to come and kiss your little guy. Hope you are doing good.

Lynsey said...

Have the dogs left the plants alone?

Unknown said...

when we got home last night, I wondered where your plants went. i'm glad they're safe in your backyard!!!

Mom and Dad said...

So were the birdies using your garden for a landing pad (not good at landing yet) or were they eating the plants??
The stores use big plastic owls in Richfield to scare the nesting birds away from the front door awnings-- and if that doesn't work, rubber snakes are recommended. No kidding.

The Butler Clan said...

They come in all forms! For me, it's dumb little squirels and the adore my beautiful spinach! Ugh!