You just feel lucky to be you?
(You thought this was going to be a negative post!)
I am just sitting here in 3rd period listening to 16 young minds working hard on adding fractions ... and I started to get an overwhelming sense of "I am so blessed!" (I better be careful ... I might start to cry ... I do that a lot lately!!) Here are the things that I am particularly grateful for right now:
1. I have a great job ... and I work with great people! I don't know of another school that is as good as mine! We have the best kids in the state, the best parents, and with that ... the best test scores! It is so easy to work here ... I am spoiled! I was talking with someone and she has the head of two rival gangs in the same class ... talk about tension!!
2. I have a nice home. It has a lot of things that need to be done with it -- but at the end of the day it is mine! I am grateful to those who have lent their home to us in the past ... Mom & Dad Boucher, Grandma Fautin, and all of those great land lords out there ... but I love my home and my neighborhood.
3. Joe and I are "living good." It was hard waiting so long to add a member to our family ... but we have a lot of comforts now that we wouldn't have if we would have gotten pregnant right away. I would trade them all for my family ... but I am glad that I don't have to worry so much about what I have and need. I hope that I said that right without sounding too materialistic.
4. I have a great husband!!! I know that he is exactly the right person for me! We truly are best friends. He is my partner in every way. He is great! (And it was nice to see him last night! He only worked for 12 hours yesterday!!!)
5. Every day I go home and look at the cute pictures on my fridge. It is such a weird thought to think that I will be a mom soon. I will be a mom. I can't wait until I get to see what he looks like (I mean 9 months is REALLY a long time!!) I can't wait to see what kind of trouble he will get into and how we will deal with it, (maybe I shouldn't wish for that ... ). I can't wait to hear I love you. I don't even know how this change will alter my life ... but I am SO SO excited for it!
I feel so lucky to be me!!!