Monday, February 9, 2009

... Like a Weed

You have heard the phrase: "He's growing like a weed". I just didn't understand that this could be accomplished BEFORE birth. Here's how my day has panned out ...

I had an appointment with the diabetic nurse at 10. I got there and it didn't seem like she had read my charts. She didn't know if I was taking insulin injections ... she didn't know if I was on medication ... or anything about me. We sat there and she told me everything that was told to me the last time I was there. I kept thinking "you have got to be kidding me ... I took a day off of work for this??"

My ultrasound was at 2:20 so I hung out at Joe's work and corrected papers. (His co-workers kept looking at me as if to say "you don't look like Joe!"). Dr. Merrill scheduled another ultrasound to see how big this kid is. Between my diabetes and Joe's birth weight (11lbs 9oz) we knew he would be big. Rayma got to come ... it was a good Grandma moment for her. It was fun having her there. I was pointing out thes spine and the ribs and his head. I'm a pro.

Normally 33 week babies are about 4lbs 5oz. She measured the head and started asking questions ... when are you due? How big were you? I knew then this kid would be huge. She measured the belly and femer and he is a whopping 6lbs 7oz. Holy Cow! Holy Cow!

They updated my due date to March 23rd. I bet I go around the 10th though. They are going to start checking my "progress" in two weeks and I get another ultrasound in four. At that point ... (If I make it that long ... that's what dr. said!) they will decide if they are going to induce me or if baby is doing his job and it will be coming soon.

My Little MONSTER

7 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

Is that why I didn't see you today? What a GREAT day to take off work, I mean, missing the boss's birthday had to have been worth it! Yeah, she really smirked about it all day. I'll tell you later. Anyhow, he's almost 7 lbs already? Wow! You were right. Any chance of a C-section? I guess I shouldn't ask that. You look so cute, though!!

Jess and Jen said...

Wow, he's a big kid, but at least your due date got moved up! --Jen

Sara said...

You're so huge...it's wonderful. I can't wait to see him. And I still need your address to send you your goodies! I wish I was closer, but I still love you lots.

Sarah E Boucher said...

Holy crap! Freaking Boucher big baby genes! I hope it will be in a month...that'd be awesome!

Joanie said...

You look so cute! Do you ever feel like you get up in the morning and your belly's grown 2 sizes during the night? I used to have that happen... very weird. Hope this last month or so goes well and QUICKLY!
HUGS-
Auntie

The Butler Clan said...

pregnancy suits you!! You look very adorable! (I guess some people can get away with any look.)

Mom and Dad said...

Congrats, Jen! It is wonderful that modern doctors can give you so much information early! By the way, you do look cute!