Monday, April 13, 2009

What's That Smell?

OH ... It's Me!!
Our First Major Meltdown

Jace doesn't poop multiple times a day -- he poops once. When he does, it is the motherload of all poops ... massively stinky! Yesterday was no exception. We got home from church and he started giving us the "I'm working on something" face. (The face above is the ... "I'm sitting in something" face). I went to change him and it was all up his back. Poor guy! At least he was wearing a onesie and didn't ruin his cute church outfit. I was trying to clean up the mass amount of ... poop ... and take off his onesie without getting it everywhere when he peed himself. At this point he is wet, stinky, and extremely upset. I stripped him down to his birthday suit, (no longer afraid of him peeing everywhere,) and started to wipe him down. Jace does not like to be exposed, so being naked and wiped with a wet rag is not his cup of tea. At one point he was screaming so loud that he forgot to breathe for several seconds. I have never seen a kid turn purple SO fast, (it was a bit scary actually). We got him dressed and Joe wrapped him up tight to calm him down. I cleaned up the mess he made and started a load of laundry. A good 15 minutes later he emotionally ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for Easter dinner. We survived our first MAJOR meltdown. What a little stinker :)

5 comments:

Joanie said...

I just love the family photo on your blog header! Beautiful!

When my kids got that messy I would just take them in rinse them down in the bathtub (you hold them under the running water... not swimming in ick!)

The other thing... if you blow in their face they will breath (or pass out like Camille did at 16 mon!)

Buck & Ashley Higgs said...

How funny! I was laughing so hard! Glad to hear motherhood is treating you well! Makes you wish you were in a classroom full of screaming middle school students! =)

Lynsey said...

Love the face! Welcome to the world of blow-outs! Just wait until you add solid foods to the mix...then it'll really stink.

Can't wait until we get to hang with our boys all summer!

John and Kim said...

You have such a beautiful family, I'm so happy that things are going so well. I was the same way about Zachs first day at church to make sure he was dressed up and it is a challenge to find cute outfits for boys. You all look great!!

Karen said...

I HATE the major poopy blowouts! Sorry to say...that won't be your last! =(